Parent & Student HandbookImportant information regarding you and your student
Welcome to the SoliMusica experience! Let’s get started…
We believe that SoliMusica Academy offers many opportunities to our members including:
- the opportunity to demonstrate and build his/her musical ability
- the opportunity to develop leadership skills
- the opportunity to develop a sense of responsibility
- the opportunity to meet and make new friends
- the opportunity to discover the unique thrill of excellence in performance
This handbook is provided to make your orientation to SMA as easy as possible. We encourage you and your parents to read this handbook so that you may better understand our expectations and procedures.
We are so excited you have chosen SoliMusica Academy for your homeschool music experience!
Susan H. Brown
The mission of SoliMusica Academy is to enrich children’s lives by fostering a love and understanding of music while building strong connections in the homeschool community.
All classes are held Wednesdays at Towne View Baptist Church. Check class descriptions for class times.
Membership in SMA requires a commitment to faithful, consistent, and punctual attendance. Therefore, if a member misses three or more rehearsals in a semester for any reason, he/she may continue to attend rehearsals but may not be allowed to participate in performances for the remainder of the semester. Student’s participation in a performance will be determined by the directors based upon a determination of the student’s ability to perform concert music. If you cannot attend a rehearsal for any reason, please inform your director via email or phone.
Expectations and Procedures
It is your responsibility to:
- understand and follow all policies and procedures presented in the Member Handbook.
- exhibit self-discipline and act appropriately at all times.
- treat others with respect, trust, honesty, fairness, and kindness.
- show you are committed to SMA by doing your best to participate fully in rehearsals, performances, or in any capacity while representing SMA.
- faithfully attend rehearsals and all scheduled performances. Exceptions include illness or absence due to an unforeseen circumstance.
Class and Rehearsal Expectations
- Please sign in upon entering the building. Parents must sign in children ages 12 and under.
- Immediately go to your designated class location or waiting area.
- Use the restroom and/or get a drink, if needed prior to entering your rehearsal. Members should be punctual to all rehearsals and performances. Late members are a distraction to the program and will miss vital information utilized throughout the remaining class.
- Bring your music and a sharpened pencil to EVERY rehearsal. Mark your music with pencil only.
- Please remove all food, drinks, or gum from your person before entering the classroom. Only water bottles will be permitted.
- If, for any reason, a member needs to leave class early, the member should bring a written note and give it to their director prior to the beginning of the class.
- Pay attention to the director at all times. Refrain from behaving in a manner disruptive to the rehearsal or distracting to other members, directors or accompanists. Behave in a manner that promotes a positive and successful rehearsal environment. This includes talking. Once rehearsal has started please refrain from talking without permission until the rehearsal is over.
- If you have a comment or question for the director during a rehearsal, please quietly raise your hand and wait to be called upon.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices should remain outside the classroom at all times. Use of an electronic device during a rehearsal will result in confiscation by the director. If this happens, only a parent/guardian would be able to retrieve the device from the director at the end of the day’s rehearsal schedule.
- In the presence of clinicians, substitutes or other guests, please exhibit your best manners. Remember, you represent your family, SMA, and the greater homeschool community.
- Please respect our church hosts. Students may not roam the building at any time. A member’s presence in an unassigned location could be cause for expulsion from SMA.
- Running, yelling, and rowdy behavior are not permitted in the building or on the grounds at any time.
- Non-participating siblings must be supervised by a parent/guardian at all times.
- At all times, show respect and support for each other, parent volunteers, directors, staff, and the facilities.
- Keep areas of the church orderly at all times and notify a director in the case of issues arising in the facility.
- Coffee and creamers are available for parents only.
Drop-off and Pick-Up Procedures
- Please respect the landscaping of the church and use walkways to approach the building.
- Students should arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before class time. Children under the age of 14 should be accompanied by a parent until class begins.
- Students are not permitted to wait outside the building. They may look for their parent/guardian through the glass doors or a parent/guardian may come inside to pick up their child.
- All members are expected to be picked up immediately following the end of his/her last class. As a courtesy to our staff, if a member is not picked up by 10 minutes after the final class of the day the following fee will be billed to their account: $5 for every 5 minutes their ride is late (i.e. If the rehearsal ends at 12:00 p.m.–12:15=$5, 12:30=$20, etc.).
In the event of severe weather, we will follow Cobb County School District closings. You will also receive a text message from Remind 101 (please refer to enrollment information for details). You can register for this service in one easy step. Please note: When a rehearsal is canceled due to severe weather or other natural disaster, the rehearsal will not be made up and no tuition discount will be applied.
Our website is http://www.solimusicacademy.com.
Our email address is email@example.com
Member Dues and Financial Policies
Tuition and Fees
Tuition commitments are based on the number of immediate family members enrolled and class registration.
Every student must pay a registration fee. Students enrolled in SoliMusica will pay registration fee, Smartmusic subscription fee, and monthly tuition. Persil students will not participate in Smartmusic.
One class or one child
$45 per month
Two classes or two children
$65 per month
Three classes or three children
$80 per month
+ $10 per additional child or class
- Registration fee can be submitted online OR mail a check payable to SoliMusica Academy LLC, 4198 Long Branch Drive NE, Marietta, GA 30066
- Monthly tuition payments are due the first Wednesday of the month. If a payment is not received by this date and/or postmarked by this date a $5 per week late fee will be applied. Payments are due the months of August, September, October, November, January, February, March, and April.
- A $30 fee will be assessed in the case of a non-sufficient funds check.
How To Register
Step 1 –Attend the Instrument Test Drive or contact the directors through the contact page of the website.
Step 2 – Registration will be available at the Test Drive OR find Registration form here.
Step 3– Complete and submit Registration form.
Step 4 – Submit Registration fee(s).